Things to Do During Lockdown 2 – Part 1
Lockdown Your Cooking Skills…
At Eversfield Organic, we’re looking at the recently announced second national lockdown as an opportunity. An opportunity to try new things. Whether you’d rather stay in and try a new winter warmer recipe or put on your hat, gloves and scarf and battle the elements exploring nature, we’ve got something for you to try this month.
This four-part blog series details ways to keep yourself (and your family) busy during this coming month. First up, we’ve collected some of our favourite recipes to lockdown your cooking skills…
If missing out on restaurant quality food is going to be your biggest woe this lockdown, then why not try one of these at-home recipes? This is a brilliant time to boost your culinary skills and impress your household with a stunning organic meal. You may even be able to showcase your newly found talents to select friends and family come December.
Rib Eye Steak with Goats Cheese and Red Pepper
- If your restaurant go-to is a tasty steak, try our Rib Eye Steak with Goats Cheese and Red Pepper. We suggest using our 28 Day Dry Aged Beef Rib Eye Steaks for a mouth-watering, 100% grass-fed delight. However, this recipe works just as well with other cuts of beef steak, pork loin steaks or chops, lamb leg steaks, loin chops or cutlets – just choose your favourite organic meat and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Olia Hercules' Pot Roast Chicken
- For the white meat lovers, we suggest professional Chef Olia Hercules’ Pot Roast Chicken. Cooked in a herby crème fraîche, this dish is a twist on a classic, adding a mixture of herbs to create an amazing sauce. Olia suggests serving the chicken with chucks of fresh bread or buttery new potatoes on a cold winter’s night. Any leftovers are perfect for a hot pasta dish.
Baked Scallops with Lemon & Parsley Butter
- If fish is your thing, try our simple Baked Scallops with Lemon & Parsley Butter Our fresh scallops are sweet and plump and almost perfect as they come. Just add lemon, parsley, butter, breadcrumbs and seasoning to this no-fuss delicious dish that is sure to add some flair to your lockdown.
Vegan Lentil Ragu
- For the Vegans among us, or if you want to try something new, our Vegan Lentil Ragu is a go-to. Packed full of delicious, nutritious organic lentils, red pepper and beans, this satisfying dish gives you the classic Italian restaurant taste at home. Pilled upon tender organic tagliatelle, this rich and smoky dish will even satisfy carnivores.
- Fancy a yummy home-baked treat whilst snuggling down for a movie night? Our Beetroot Brownies are a great way to eat some organic veg whilst also satisfying a sweet tooth. The rich, chocolatey flavours are complemented by the earthy tones of the beetroot, offering a unique and moreish treat. For a full restaurant-style dessert, try making our Homemade Ice Cream and adding to a warm brownie.