Bacon’s Back and Better Than Ever!
We’ve repriced, restocked and reintroduced our organic bacon varieties...
At Eversfield Organic, we’re always trying our hardest to ensure we can supply our organic grass fed meat nationwide. From our most popular organic beef and free range chicken to our more unsung grass fed lamb and outdoor bred pork heroes. However, as we try to keep our online butchers counter brimming with organic meat, it can sometimes lead to carcass imbalances in our ethical butchery on our Devon Farm. We only ever buy whole animals from organic farmers and our team of expert butchers butcher everything in our on-site butchery.
As a result, we’re now well stocked with our award-winning, organic bacon. We’ve reassessed our pricing (coming back more competitive and better than ever) and reintroduced our Middle Bacon in an effort to keep our organic butchery well balanced. With the recent pig culling in mind (read more about our thoughts on that here), there’s never been a better time to help us out and add some organic bacon to your next organic food box delivery...
Why Choose Organic Bacon?
As we well know, choosing to support organic food production has universal benefits (find out more about that here). It’s no different when you choose organic bacon. Our organic pork is from certified organic farms across the UK who breed and rear their pigs outdoors, the way it should be. These happy, healthy pigs are free to wander and forage as much as they like and are supplemented with a 100% organic feed to ensure they gain all the vital vitamins and minerals that they need.
In the summer, they can frolic in the cool mud baths on the farm and in the winter they are tucked up in spacious beds with fresh straw. On organic farms, pig’s teeth and tails are left unharmed as animal welfare is at the core. These British Landrace X Duroc sows provide lean organic pork that is just as perfect to create our award-winning organic bacon than it is to produce an intensively flavour pork belly or shoulder joint. Every cut of our free range pork is hand finished by our team of expert butchers and cooked with carefully selected cures. Our award-winning bacon speaks for itself, and we’re extremely proud to produce such impressive and ethical organic bacon.
Back in Stock: Middle Bacon
As we’re so generously stocked with organic bacon, we thought there’s no better time to reintroduce our organic Middle Bacon. Our dry-cured Middle Bacon is the back and streaky as a whole, making longer rashers fit for a king-sized breakfast. This traditional yet versatile bacon is also perfect for wrapping around organic chicken, meaty wild monkfish or fresh asparagus if looking to get in some greens.
Our Favourite: Back Bacon
Whether you prefer your organic bacon smoked or unsmoked, our dry-cured Back Bacon from happy, outdoor bred and reared pigs is a real winner. The perfect companion for fresh bread and organic ketchup for an unbeatable bacon butty, or just as good added to pasta dishes, quiches or pies. What’s more, our favourite organic Back Bacon is now available in three different pack sizes, including a brand new 1kg pack.
A Twist on a Classic: Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
Although you may be inclined to use your organic bacon for a classic butty, why not try adding some Smoked Back Bacon to a classic Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe for an easy, delicious mid-week meal? A smoky take on the traditional pasta dish complete with Italian Hard Cheese, Jersey Double Cream and Eversfield Organic Butter for a homemade taste of luxury.
- Dried Organic Spaghetti or Tagliatelle, 350g
- Organic Smoked Back Bacon, 100g chopped into small chunks
- Organic Italian Hard Cheese, 80g
- Organic Eggs, 3
- Organic Jersey Double Cream, 100ml
- Organic Garlic Clove, 1 peeled and crushed
- Eversfield Organic Butter, 30g
- Salt & Pepper, for seasoning
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the organic pasta and stir well. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, add the organic butter to a frying pan and add the crushed garlic. Fry for a minute or so, then add the chopped bacon, cook for a few minutes then lower the heat.
- Beat the organic eggs in a small bowl and add about ¾ of the organic cheese, all of the double cream and seasoning.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add the pasta to the frying pan. Be sure to keep a cupful of the pasta water for later.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and add the creamy mixture over the pasta and toss quickly to combine.
- Mix well until a thick, creamy sauce forms around the pasta. Add pasta water until you get your desired thickness.
- Serve immediately, top with the rest of the cheese and a little seasoning and enjoy!