The Day is Finally Upon Us…
Pancake Day is finally here, and what better way to celebrate than with organic ingredients & toppings…
It feels like we’ve been waiting a while, but Pancake Day is finally upon us. When is Pancake Day this year? Shrove Tuesday is Tuesday the 1st March, so get into gear and secure your 100% organic ingredients and toppings for the celebration. Whether you prefer fresh and sweet pancakes topped with organic fruit or seriously chocolatey spread, or maybe something a little more savoury like organic bacon with a hint of honey, we’ve got it covered. Our Pancake Day Collection is now live and ready to shop, so make sure you place your order before Friday 25th February at 6am to secure your goodies in time.
Pancake Day Essentials
Create the perfect light and fluffy pancakes from scratch with our selection of pancake ingredients. What ingredients do you need to make pancakes? Well, flour is a good start, and Doves Farm Fine Plain White Flour can make it a great start. Stoneground and milled from soft wheat varieties, ideal for your pancake recipe. Next, you’ll a few organic eggs, which are now available from our online organic food shop. From organic, free range hens, these eggs contain no additives or artificial colours making for tasty and conscious pancakes. Combine this with organic milk from grass fed Jersey cows and you’re on to a winner.
A Choice of Toppings
From the classic choice of organic lemons and sugar to savoury choices such as organic ham and cheese or bacon and honey, the choice really is yours with Eversfield Organic. Our personal favourite pancake toppings include organic fruit and yoghurt (think delicious berries like strawberries and blueberries) with a touch of honey, or something very chocolatey using Mr. Organic’s Dark Chocolate Spread or maybe topping with a handful of Montezuma’s organic chocolate buttons.
Fancy filling your boots a little more? Make a full American-style breakfast with your organic pancakes, organic bacon and perhaps a few organic sausages and a hint of honey. This sweet and savoury combination just somehow works and is sure to go down a treat at breakfast time this pancake day.
The Best Pancake Recipe
Of course, choosing the best pancake toppings is an important part of Shrove Tuesday. However, this seems secondary if your pancake recipe is less than impressive. Get perfect pancakes every time with this simple pancake recipe. Our Best Buttermilk Pancakes recipe creates fluffy, soft and golden treats, a true Shrove Tuesday dream. Using thick and creamy Jersey Buttermilk, this recipe is definitely one to share with family and friends. Give this easy pancake recipe a go this Pancake Day.
- Fine Plain White Organic Flour, 175g
- Organic Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- Organic Bicarbonate of Soda, 1 tsp
- Caster Sugar, 40g
- Organic Eggs, 2
- Organic Buttermilk, 300ml
- Organic Butter or Oil, 2 tbsp melted
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and bicarb of soda into a large mixing bowl, making a well in the middle.
- Whisk the organic eggs and Jersey buttermilk together, then pour into the well of the flour.
- Gradually whisk the eggs and buttermilk into the flour, trying to avoid lumps. When combined well, add the melted butter or oil and whisk again.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of oil. Once hot, add a cupful of the batter to the pan and cook until it starts to bubble on top and the underside is golden and crisp.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancake and again cook until the underside is golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Be quick if you’re looking to whip up your own organic pancakes this Shrove Tuesday. Place your order by 6am on Friday 25th February for delivery on Tuesday 1st March. Fill your next organic food delivery with the best pancake ingredients by browsing our Pancake Day Collection here.