Wholesome Organic Back-to-School Lunch Box and Snacks Recipes for Kids
The back-to-school season is upon us, and that means it's time to start thinking about nutritious and healthy lunch box ideas for your little ones.
Skip the pre-packaged snacks and opt for organic, homemade options that are not only healthier but also quick and easy. We've put together a collection of organic back-to-school lunch recipes and snacks for kids for that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
- Organic Veggie Wrap:
- Tortilla wraps
- Hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- Sliced organic carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and avocado
- Baby spinach leaves
- Lay out a tortilla wrap and spread a layer of hummus.
- Layer with a variety of sliced organic vegetables.
- Top with baby spinach leaves for an extra nutrient boost.
- Roll up the wrap tightly and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Crunchy Chickpea Snack:
- Cooked organic chickpeas (canned or cooked from dried)
- Olive oil
- Organic ground cumin, paprika, and garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss cooked chickpeas with a drizzle of olive oil and the spices.
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until crispy.
- Let them cool before placing in a snack container.
- Mini Organic Pancake Muffins:
- Organic pancake mix (whole grain if possible)
- Organic eggs
- Organic milk or plant-based milk
- Diced organic fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the pancake mix.
- Prepare the pancake batter according to the package instructions.
- Gently fold in the diced organic fruits.
- Pour the batter into mini muffin tins and bake until golden brown.
- Once cooled, pack these delightful pancake muffins into the lunch box.
- Nut Butter and Banana Sandwich:
- Organic whole grain bread
- Organic peanut butter
- Organic banana, sliced
- Spread a layer of nut butter on one slice of bread.
- Place the sliced banana on top.
- Top with another slice of bread to create a sandwich.
- Cut into halves or quarters and wrap securely.
- Organic Yogurt Parfait:
- In a container, layer natural with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- Sprinkle a layer of organic granola.
- Add a layer of mixed organic berries.
- Repeat the layers until the container is filled, finishing with berries (or dried fruit) on top.
Sending your kids off to school with wholesome, healthy lunch options and snack packs doesn't have to be a challenge. With these creative and tasty lunchbox ideas, you can ensure that your children are getting the nutrition they need while enjoying their meals. By prioritising organic ingredients and homemade snacks, rest assured you're setting them up for a successful and healthy school year ahead.